Thursday, January 15, 2009

Inauguration Countdown: Presidential China

I saw a post on Bloomalicious about past presidential china and fell in love with the turquoise-riimed Polk china:



I'm also liking Jefferson's and Washington's:






I couldn't find a complete library of all presidential china, but I found a couple here.

I hope the Obamas get theirs in sooner rather than later. The Bush state china just arrived and couldn't even be used for the recent meeting of all POTUSes because it was still being unpacked. I was a little shocked when I first heard the $493,000 price tag (paid with private sources, and "the economy was a lot better than it is today"), but it is for 320 place settings...no biggie, right?

1 comment:

GrannySmithGreen said...

A am a china fanatic! I love this post. Thanks for the links as well. Very informative!