Saturday, July 11, 2009

HomeGoods is my Fave

I love browsing through HomeGoods; you never know what you're going to come across. I'm not in the market for much these days, but I like to pretend I'm starting from scratch.

These for a beachy-themed, feminine boudoir:



Maybe in the bathroom...


Placed next to a cozy reading nook...





Fun in an office...DH would love the Grateful Dead one.


These chairs are totally up my alley...


For the kitchen...I snapped up a black framed chalkboard this size here for $40 several months ago. Love chalkboards and memo boards in the kitchen for controlled chaos...


How are these only $30? I like these better than the lamps in my bedroom...too bad...


I am on the prowl for a large mirror for over our fireplace mantel. I was wishy-washy on this for
a while because I have a gallery wall clock that can't really go anywhere else but over the fireplace...but I've decided the mirror will look so much better and I can figure out something else for the clock.

That's my skirt in the reflection...like it?


I actually have this mirrored-edge photo frame. Of course, haven't done anything with it yet, but I love it.


You can't really tell here, but this frame is all mirrored, which I think is really cool. It's pretty big - about 8 x 10 with a small photo opening. If it had wall-hanging hooks on the back I would have snapped up a bunch - it would look nice hanging on the wall in a grid as a mirror / collage display.
I'm debating on this frame, but we just have so much stuff that I'm not buying anything. I read about how to get rid of the things weighing you down. I dream about a pending possible cross-country move and having our life pack neatly away into a manageable number of boxes. Maybe my rule can be if I donate/get rid of x amount of things, I'm allowed to bring one thing in. How does that sound?


No comments: