Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scarf Me!

While I'm not a colder-weather lovin' gal, the upside of my first fall in Chicago is that it's scarf time! I can't wait to try all 25 ways to a tie a scarf in this cute video:

I'm back in Dallas this week and it still feels like summer here. I was shopping with my mom last night at Charming Charlie and was looking for a burnt orange accessory to wear this weekend for TX-OU (because I will be wearing burnt orange in some form all weekend) and came across two differently adorable burnt orange scarves, and I was kind of wishing the forecast called for cold! 

I found this orange necklace instead...and this bright blue scarf...and this awesome belt with triangle arrows...and this wallet clutch thingy. I was a little out of control, but I loved this place, where all of the jewelry/accessories/clothes are organized by color. I found something new I wanted every time I made a lap around the store. (As compared to Sam Moon for you TX ladies, where I get a little overwhelmed by wall after wall of earrings and necklaces crammed together, and I always have to elbow my way in to get a good look.) Charlie, I will be back!

What's your favorite way to tie a scarf? And how many colors do you own? Off the top of my head I count black, white, red, fuchsia, aqua, grey plaid, and the new bright blue, and I'm sure I'll find more than that in the coat closet!

Hook 'em!


charming said...

Thanks for featuring Charming Charlie in your blog!! We have added your blog to our blog mentions page on our website. It’s a page we created exclusively for showcasing Charming Charlie blog mentions!

Haley said...

I love me some Charming Charlie, especially for trendy shoes that I'll wear for a summer or two. That necklace is so pretty, although the color might burn my skin since I graduated from A&M ;-)

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie

Melissa said...

Thanks for the "how to..." post. I've always been a European loop gal, but didn't know it! Great to try out some new things.