Sunday, December 7, 2008

Coveting: Passport Covers

I've been wanting something pretty to cover that passport that I use all the time pretty infrequently. Imagine my surprise whilst browsing Neiman Marcus's "Gift Ideas Under $100" when I see this:


NM, $26


What? Do these go together? I'm all for aspiring to the matching bra-and-panties thing, but I didn't know I needed to match my thong to my passport as well.



And it even comes in black! Weird or what?




What I'd *really* like is NM's monogrammed passport cover, $35 but not currently available


J. Crew's $17 option


Now, I know I post about a lot of things I covet, but I am trying not to buy a lot of things I don't actually need. Think of posting pretty pictures of things as a release, if you will. After posting about this pretty satin clutch, my friend Megan surprised me by picking it up for me at Ann Taylor Loft on Black Friday for like $12. But here's the thing: I don't need it. I really don't. I know it's a small amount of money we're talking about, but I've been taking a long look at all of my little purchases and seeing how they add up to a lot. Plus, I already have a lot of clutches that I don't even use. (Although no pretty, pretty pink satin one.)

I also know that small little indulgences are good for the soul. So maybe I should put a monogrammed passport cover on my Official Wish List*.

* Official Wish List: A categorization above "coveting" of pretty things that I really, really want and would love to be surprised with at any time.

1 comment:

Polka Dot Bride said...

You know they actually come in the passport holder as a disguise for them right? Weirdest thing!!