Monday, May 24, 2010

Scenes from the Last Few Days

...courtesy of my iPhone.



Dusk on Friday

Brunch Lunch on the patio at Gloria's Saturday
We decided not to use the word brunch since we never get breakfast food.
(We usually split pupusas and the churrasco tipico here. Que rico!)
I was slowly savoring my $4 mimosa until I was told they were bottomless...managed to get 2 more in. 3 for $4 is a steal!

We went to the Byron Nelson on Sunday, but I didn't take a single picture.
It was HOT.
My favorite part was sitting in the A/C in the HP Technology Center.
I cried a little when we left.

Leaving work Monday
Speaking of hot, when I first looked at the temp in my car, it read 100 degrees and very appropriately, the song display was Usher's "OMG".
By the time I was able to slow enough to take a pic, it had cooled down to the oh-so-manageable 97 degrees.
It's going to be a looooong summer.

Dinner at my in-laws' Monday
It cooled off some more, so we ate outside in their lovely, breezy atrium.
I don't know if you can tell what it is from the photo, but we had crab sandwiches, Brussels sprouts, and champagne.
The open-faced crab sandwich is the yummiest, easiest thing to make:
Texas Toast
topped with
Sliced Avocado
topped with
Crab (canned will work)
topped with
Hollandaise sauce
with a squeeze of
Lemon

Serve with bubbly champagne. 
Korbel Naturel was supposedly Jackie O's fave.
I felt fancy.

Drive home Monday
Somebody has recently discovered the feel of wind in her hair (& ears).

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Bailey said...

I am so making those crab nuggets, looks like YUM. Pupperstinks too too CUTE!

Karisa Tells All said...

your iphone takes pretty good pictures! And your dog is such a cutie :)