Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1 Year Blogiversary & New Addition to our Family

My first blog post was exactly one year ago with an Ode to Gordy, the most bad-ass poodle dog you would ever hope to know and love.


Since he passed away, we've been missing him. And after a while, we started looking for another snuggle buddy to join our family. We've done many a search on petfinder.com: size = small, age = baby or young. A couple of times we came across a dog we liked and would make an inquiry: Someone came by the shelter at 7 that morning and already picked him up. Adoption pending on that one. 15-page application not approved by the rescue group. Nothing had worked out, but we were fine with waiting.


Last week my sister-in-law sent us a listing for a litter of toy poodles because she thought the parents looked just like Gordy. We made an appointment and drove north, north, and east of Dallas to see them Saturday.

There were 2 girls and 1 boy left when we got there. We originally thought we wanted another boy, but our heart just went out to this little sweet, reserved, my-siblings-are-crazy I'm-ready-to-move-to-the-big-city girl. She loved chillaxin' in my lap and nibbling my finger while the others were bananas.


Photo in the listing - they call her Brownie

She's changed so much already

Mom and Child

So Brownie it was. She gets her second round of shots and will be ready this weekend, but we're going out of town. We're anxious to pick her up once we get back but decided it best if we waited until next Friday so we could all have the weekend to start settling into a routine.

Now we just have to pick out a name. There are several up in the air, and family members have already provided quite the list of suggestions. I'd prefer something French (gotta honor those roots), and it's gotta have that je na sais quoi.

Any suggestions for what to call our little girl?

1 comment:

Kristina at The Purple Pea said...

As a kid we had two toy poodles. "Kuddles" and "Peaches" They were the smartest little things!

She is a cutie! I am so bad at naming (obviously, see above) I'm afraid I'm not much help :( I'm anxious to know what you decide tho :)