Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back to the Beach!

We are heading back to the beach this evening for a 4-day family reunion (J's side).  With the exception of Major Swimsuit Issues*, I'm excited to see this again:

And this:

And this:

My in-laws drove her down ahead of us so she didn't have to fly, and we've really missed her.  There was a Big Incident where she ran out the door on them that launched a Major Chase where she ran across the busy, 5-lane South Padre Island Rd. Twice. We are so, so grateful that nothing happened to her. Now we all just need to get on the same page with the commands she learned in puppy school. (Running out on them is the whole reason we took her to training in the first place. J & I have never had her do it to us, so we still have something to work on because that cannot. happen. again.)

And here is how we carry her down to the beach because:
a) burrs get stuck all over her fur, which caused J to chop part of her freshly-groomed ear (hair) off last time
b) the sand is ridiculously hot

* Since it is a family reunion, and we are the youngest of all of the adults, and we'll be chasing after tons of kids, and we'll be going to a waterpark, I wanted something a little more active than my go-to bandeau bikinis (no tan lines!), so I bought a swim skirt and after much deliberation, a few tops with better coverage.  (My problem area is my hips and thighs, so I am pretty happy with the swim skirt - it's cute but covers what I need it to!) 

Asking J last night which tops I should keep and which I should return, I got concerned again that I may need something even more conservative so I ran back to Target for the third time to pick up a one-piece.  I think it's the first time I've worn one since I was 12, and it's not half-bad, except it has absolutely no coverage in the bottom, so I will always have to wear it as a one-piece + skirt. (I can't find the link on the Target website, but from the back it looks like you're wearing a bikini, so I think it still looks pretty youthful.  If I am indeed still youthful / semi-fit enough to wear bikinis and one-piece wannabe bikinis.)

So that's how I came to have three new swimsuits with no clue what I'm actually going to wear.

What about you?  What is your go-to swim attire?

1 comment:

Kristina at The Purple Pea said...

I have to be honest, I haven't put on my swimsuit in about 3 years. Not because I don't love it, but because we never go to the pool or beach. I'm so fair anyway, I'd probably just burn. Ha!

Also, HEART ATTACK! Puppies running across busy highways = Horrible! She is a cute pie tho :)