Thursday, October 8, 2009

October = Beach Time?!

I mentioned in a previous post that The Hubs is off doing his pediatrics rotation. He's 7+ hours away in Corpus Christi and has been gone 2 weeks now (4 more to go!). The newness of watching whatever trashy TV I want has long ago worn off, and it's been difficult having real conversations over the phone when he's not on call or studying or writing a paper...or exploring the beachy town (lucky duck).

This weekend, I'm flying standby to see him. I probably won't be heading to the Corpus Christi Bay, but will meet him somewhere between Texas and Mexico, where we will spend the weekend with some of his housemates at his parents' place in SPI. I've never flown standby before, so I don't know what to expect. Double cross your fingers for me that I make it there (and back on Sunday!) so that I can be here:


Where I should wake up uber-early to experience this over the Gulf of Mexico:

But will most likely watch it come back down with drink in hand over the Laguna Madre:

The Hubs is flying up next weekend for TX-OU, and then I'm going back one more time Halloween weekend...and then he'll be back in no time. (I learned after the fact that he probably could have sold this coveted rotation for $500...instead we'll be spending that visiting each other...d'oh!)

B-T-Dubs, I found the last two images on Panoramio. It's like the photo feature on Google Maps, but much cooler to navigate. I could spend a lot of time on here exploring the world.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: