Monday, November 16, 2009

Oh My Goodness

Today's the last day for our health insurance open enrollment. I'm freaking out a little bit about my choice. I picked the option that's $1500 cheaper (which is a big deal because this "cheaper" option is already about $1500 more than I paid last year), doesn't have a deductible, and pays 100% in-network. But it doesn't cover out-of-network unless it's an emergency, and there's no out-of-pocket max. I kept going back and forth, and although I'm thinking about a surgery, the cheap-o option *should* actually be better, provided I can ensure that all providers are in-network, since I won't have a deductible and co-insurance like I would with the other option.

Blech, this is giving me a headache. I always wondered at what point I will feel like an adult. I've decided that feeling like one may never come, but actually being one happened once I started having to deal with figuring out health insurance and the tax code.
This puppy is helping me freak out a little less. I was thinking about putting a photo of our pup in a winter scarf on our Christmas card (yes, I am now one of those crazy dog people), but maybe I should give her some cute bling instead!

via Oh Joy!

3 comments:

You Are My Fave said...

It's totally moments like this that make me hate being an adult. Insurance is such a headache.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I hate having to make health care decisions. Why can't I still be on my parents' insurance?? Those were the days. ha!

Love the dog bling!

Alexis L. of One Grand Home said...

So sorry you are going through this. I just paid a giant deductible when I needed a medical test a couple of weeks ago.

So basically that's going to be my hubby's Christmas gift to me.
Fun times.